- How would you describe yourself in one sentence?
Crazy writer, puzzle maker, cat lover, and tea drinker!
- How long have you been setting crosswords?
I’ve been setting all kinds of puzzles (not just crosswords) for around 18 years.
- Do you like to set/solve/do both
Definitely both. You can’t be a good writer without also being a wide reader and the same is true for puzzles, the more you solve, the better your puzzles and clues become.
- Who’s your favorite setter/publication
I have a fondness for Hex (Cox and Rathvon) and Patrick Berry.
- One cryptic clue that has always stayed with you
Mad passionate lovers (7)*
- Your favorite place
- Your favorite movie
- Your favorite person
The late and great Douglas Adams.
- Something you love other than crosswords
Books – particular fantasy and sci-fi
- Something you believe in / your motto
With enough tea and dark chocolate, you can accomplish anything!