History Odyssey Ancients Level Two
Product Description History Odyssey Ancients Level Two
Grade level: appropriate for 5th – 8th grade, target grade is 5th
Course type: Study guide
From first civilizations to the Fall of Rome, Ancients level two is a complete one-year curriculum guide that combines history with literature, world geography, and writing activities. This comprehensive course covers the successes and failures of Ancient civilizations from all parts of the world such as the Egyptians, the Greeks, the Romans, the Mayans, the Hittites, the Persians, the Mesopotamians, and many others.
Ancients level two is a student guide that provides step-by-step lessons to teach world history from 6000 BCE to 500 CE. Level 2 History Odyssey guides are written to be used independently by students with the parent/teacher assisting when necessary with lessons and assessing the student’s completed work. Ancients level two does not require an answer key due to the subjectivity of the assignments that encourage critical thinking (i.e. there is rarely any one correct answer). Answer keys to map work are found in the main spine (The Kingfisher History Encyclopedia).
Literature and writing instructions and assignments found in the course include two-level outlining of history readings and writing paragraph summaries.
Critical thinking with history studies found in this course include identifying connections and cause/effect relationships, timeline analysis, and identifying connections between geography and history through map work.
This guide includes:
- 21 ancient history blackline maps
- Recommended resource list
- 72 detailed lessons covering:
- Map work
- Timeline analysis
There are lots of articles about learning and teaching the humanities on the SEA Homeschoolers blog.
The History Odyssey Method – Five learning techniques are woven throughout all History Odyssey courses at age-appropriate levels: Students examine multiple resources, read historically significant literature, develop and strengthen critical thinking skills, practice and refine written and verbal expression, and study world geography and geographical significances throughout the history of humankind.
The History Odyssey method found in Ancients 2:
- Examine resources about the ancient history of groups from Sumer, Babylonia, Egypt, Phoenicia, the Americas, Assyria, India, Persia, Greece, China, the Middle East, Africa, Rome, and more.
- Read about ancient history events in a history encyclopedia
- Retellings of classic literature and mythology
- Learn ancient history through historic fiction
- Read ancient mythology
- Read classic literature, adapted
Written & Verbal Expression
- Identify main ideas in history readings through basic outlining of history readings
- Practice public speaking and rhetoric skills
- Write summaries on significant individuals during modern times and identify their effects and influences on history
- Exposure to at least three sources for history events
- Organize, filter, prioritize, and discern historical data
- Grasp the concept of time and the progression of history, and connections between events through multiple timeline activities
- Compare and contrast groups in ancient history
- Study the accomplishments and failures of significant individuals during ancient times and identify their effects and influences on history
- Analyze how different groups of people in ancient history were influenced and affected by religions
- Detailed identification of land and water areas significant to ancient history
- Gain a better understanding of events in ancient history through detailed map work and completing map keys
- Learn about geographical obstacles and advantages and their effect on ancient history
Our Top Sellers
Are you looking for e-products from Pandia Press?
SEA Books & More sells the print versions of all Pandia Press Materials. We have an affiliate relationship with Pandia Press for the sale of their e-products. You can access those by clicking on this hyperlink or on the image directly below. Thank you for your support!
You Might also Like