Grade level: appropriate for 3rd – 6th grade, target grade is 4th
Course type: Study guide (Please see the Booklist for the books required to complete this course.)
From Victorian England to the Gulf War, Modern Times level one is a complete one-year curriculum guide that combines history with activities, world geography, great books, and writing. Young students study events from modern times history. This was a time of imperialism, nationalism, manifest destiny, and technology. And it was a time of world war and attention to human rights. This comprehensive course covers success and failures of civilizations in modern history from all parts of the world.
History Odyssey Modern Times Level One is a teacher/parent guide that provides step by step lessons to teach world history from 1850 to 2000.
This guide includes:
- 21 modern times history blackline maps
- Hands-on activity instructions
- Extensive library lists for each lesson
- Suggested schedule for a 36 week school year
- 22 detailed lessons (each lesson includes one to two weeks of assignments) covering:
- Map work